Leviathan are expert independent Fire Protection consultants who provide Fire Authorising Engineers with IFE membership to the Public & Private Sector
Passive Fire Protection (PFP) is an important component of fire safety strategy. The inspection of PFP forms part of a fire risk assessment under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO).
PFP is designed to protect life by providing an adequate means of escape from a building in the event of a fire. PFP is designed to contain fire for a defined period, or slow the spread of fire, through the use of systems such as compartmentation and features such as fire resistant doors, walls, ceilings, floors and ducts.
PFP will perform effectively if all aspects of PFP are designed, installed and maintained properly.
The ability of PFP to resist fire can be seriously compromised by a number of factors:
- Poor quality control during construction & installation.
- Inadequate Training and ongoing inspection
- Follow on trades during construction after notional completion of areas.
- Change of building use or occupancy;
- Structural modifications due to building maintenance, renovation or refurbishment;
- Installation of new mechanical or electrical services.
As the ?responsible person?, you are duty bound by the RRO to ensure the safety of people from fire and the effects of fire, including passive fire protection compliance.
Passive Fire Protection Consultancy
To ensure PFP is correctly installed and maintained in your building, Leviathan offer independent, impartial and confidential advice for Passive Fire Protection.
Our services are carried out by our highly experienced Chartered Engineers & IFE accredited Fire Engineers, FIA Fire Risk Assessors,Our services include detailed review of all necessary documentation and, where necessary, an appropriate inspection of the key Passive Fire Protection systems.
Where we are commissioned to inspect premises, we will issue a report summarising the key findings and conclusions, together with a prioritised action plan detailing remedial work required.
What are the benefits of engaging Leviathan?
- We have extensive experience as appointed Fire Expert Witnesses.
- We have a proven track record and experience in healthcare, education and PFI buildings where Leviathan has identified hidden significant defects and have then assisted in designing a rectification solution
- Our confidential consultancy services are independent and impartial;
- All projects are carried out by highly experienced Chartered Engineers & IFE accredited Fire Engineers and FIA registered Fire Risk Assessors with a wide range of technical competencies;
- Our fire engineers are fully conversant with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005;
- We provide consultancy on all building types on behalf of public and private sector clients;
- We advise on Passive Fire Protection during the sale of buildings.